PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY WITH REGULAR EICR REPORTS:
Periodic inspection and testing should be only be undertaken by qualified personnel. We will check the condition of your fixed electrical appliances and wiring circuits against BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations) - the UK standard for the safety of electrical installations.
Our tests are carried out on wiring and your fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe. Following the inspection we will provide a schedule of circuits, which is useful for a property's future inspection.
- Identify if your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
- Help find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Identify any defective previous electrical work.
- Identify any lack of correct earthing or bonding.
How often is a periodic inspection required?
Periodic inspection varies depending on the type of property:
- Every 10 years for an owner-occupied home.
- Every 5 years for a rented home.
- Every 3 years for a caravan
- Every year for a swimming pool.
Other recommended times an inspection should be carried out:
- When a property is being prepared for letting.
- Before selling a property or buying a previously-occupied property.